- This practice operates a complaints procedure as part of
its dealing with patients’ complaints which complies with the
Care Quality Commission requirements.
- Patients are asked that in the event of any complaint, to
speak directly or write to Ashish Godara. Patients who
require further advice regarding the complaints process should
direct their enquiry to Ashish Godara who, when
applicable, will recommend the services of an independent
advocate. A copy of the complaints process is held in the waiting
What we shall do
Our complaints procedure is designed to make
sure that we settle any complaints as quickly as possible. We
shall acknowledge complaints within two working days and aim to
have looked into the complaint within 10 working days of the date
when it was raised. We shall then be in a position to offer an
explanation or a meeting as appropriate. If there are any delays
in the process we will keep the complainant informed.
When we look into a complaint, we shall aim to:
- Find out what happened and what, if anything, went wrong.
- Make it possible for the complainant to discuss the
problem with those concerned.
- Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not
- At the end of the investigation the complaint will be
discussed with the complainant in detail, either in person or in
Complaining on behalf of someone else
The rules of medical confidentiality will be adhered to if
the complaint is received on behalf of someone else. A note signed
by the person concerned will be required, unless they are
incapable (e.g. because of illness) of providing this to allow the
complaint to be investigated.
If the complaint is not resolved to the patient’s
satisfaction, the patient will be advised to write (as appropriate)
For Private Patients:
- For complaints about private treatment:
The Dental Complaints Service,
The Lansdowne Building,
2 Lansdowne Road,
Telephone: 08456 120 540
- The dentists’ regulatory body for complaints
about professional misconduct:
The General Dental Council,
37 Wimpole Street,
Telephone: 0845 222 4141
For NHS Patients:
- NHS Bristol,
Telephone: 0117 9766600
- The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman,
Telephone: 0345 015 4033.
- Online on https://www.ombudsman.org.uk